Welcome to the Chicago Medical School accreditation update page. Our intent is to use this page to keep the CMS community and all its partners up-to-date and informed about the steps we are taking to address and resolve the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) issues relating to CMS. For more information about matters specific to the LCME visit: www.lcme.org.
What the Chicago Medical School Community Should Know:
- Chicago Medical School was placed on probation by the LCME October 14, 2013 and remains fully accredited while on probation.
- Members of the dean's staff were assigned and are accountable for the standards that are of concern and teams are working on action plans to address the issues.
- Through the strength of our students, faculty and staff, we have made significant progress in addressing the areas outlined by the LCME. Following its regular meeting Feb. 25-27, the LCME determined the areas of concern are no longer in “non-compliance.” The LCME considers these areas to be “in compliance with a need for monitoring.”
- The LCME has established key milestones over the next 12 months in which it will review our progress.
- This situation has demonstrated the importance of fostering an environment of even greater collaboration and innovation.