The third year Clinical Neurology clerkship is a four-week rotation that students complete at one of six approved sites (four affiliated hospitals and two private practices).
- Advocate Christ Advocate Hospital
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Hilliard Slavick, M.D. (Clinical Neurosciences)
- James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
- John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County
- Reuben Weisz, M.D. (Advocate Condell Hospital)
Students rotate under the supervision of the Site Coordinator (faculty members) and work closely with attending and resident physicians. As part of the clinical team, clerks acquire practical experience by participating in working rounds, morning report, clinics, and on-call duties. Additionally, they may also attend: Neurology Grand Rounds; Clinical Neurology, Neuropathology, Neuromuscular, Neuroradiology and Neurosurgery Conferences; brain cutting; case studies, etc.