Department of Neurology Policy and Procedures
for Acceptance at Affiliate Sites:
With the endorsement, support, and cooperation of the Chicago Medical School Office of Student Affairs, the following is the policy of the Chicago Medical School Department of Neurology for Acceptance at Any of the Sites for Third Year Clerkship in Neurology:
- Students must thoroughly complete and submit all of the affiliate sites required documents by the site's designated deadline date.
- It is solely the student's responsibility to meet the requirements of this policy. The Department of Neurology believes in the importance of responsibility and accountability of learners in professional school.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY PART OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN CLOSURE OF THE STUDENT'S SLOT IN NEUROLOGY FOR THE 2012 / 2013 ACADEMIC YEAR. CONSEQUENTLY, THE STUDENT'S NEXT OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE NEUROLOGY WILL BE VIA LOTTERY IN THE STUDENT'S FOURTH YEAR OF MEDICAL SCHOOL.
A. On the day of the lottery students must be aware of the following:
- Students are informed of their neurology clerkship site. They should then log into the Department of Neurology clerkship site on D2L (Neurology Clerkship, Content, Affiliate Hospitals: Student Clerkship Information), which contains the site specific requirements and deadlines.
- Non U.S.-born naturalized citizens and Non-U.S. citizens require Veterans Administration-specific additional documentation for rotating at the combined Hines VA and James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center sites. Therefore, it is imperative that those students who will rotate at the combined VA site fulfill all additional requirements that are mandated at these locations.
B. Prior to beginning the clerkship students must be aware of the following:
- Each affiliate site has its own set of documentation requirements (some requiring originals of certain documents, some requiring copies of certain documents).
- Each site has its own deadline date for submission of documents prior to the rotation (two weeks prior to the rotation at some sites and four weeks at others).
C. On the day of arrival at the affiliate site:
- Students must bring with them all originals and copies of the site-specific required documents.
D. The Neurology clerkship administration will assist students in any way they can, and will send one reminder e-mail in advance of deadlines alerting students to consult the Department of Neurology D2L site (Neurology Clerkship, Content, Affiliate Hospitals: Student Clerkship Information) for the site specific requirements and deadlines. No other advance notices will be sent.