Becoming a Preceptor at RFUMS College of Pharmacy:
RFUMS College of Pharmacy recognizes the significant contribution of Preceptors. In return, Preceptors at RFUMS College of Pharmacy, will receive numerous opportunities for professional and academic development including:
- Access to Faculty Development:
- RFUMS College of Pharmacy sponsored continuing education opportunities (live and home-based)
- University faculty development seminars/webinars
- University Educational Research and Scholarship Interest Group Workshops
- Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiential teaching tools
- Pharmacist’s Newsletter Preceptor Training and Resource Network:
- Includes continuing education activities, experiential teaching tools, journal clubs, patient-safety and practice-based teaching resources, preceptor networking, and college-specific documents including grading and evaluation tools, orientation, and experiential manuals
- Academic appointment with RFUMS College of Pharmacy with the title "Lecturer*".
- * Please note, the Preceptor "Lecturer" appointment/title does not require Preceptors to deliver classroom lectures to pharmacy students.
- Preceptors interested in more active involvement with RFUMS College of Pharmacy including classroom learning may apply as Clinical Faculty. Click here for more information: Clinical Faculty.
- Access to RFUMS University library (electronic journal and book access included)
- RFUMS email account
To become a Preceptor at RFUMS, applicants must:
- Complete a Preceptor Application Form. Click here: Site/Preceptor Application Form.
- Provide the following:
- Professional credentials including PharmD or BS in Pharmacy (with minimum of 1 year of experience) or equivalent credentials (e.g. MD, RN, APN, PhD, PA, JD etc.)
- Pharmacist license in good standing (or license in good standing as applies to specified profession)
- An active affiliation agreement is required between the site of practice and RFUMS College of Pharmacy.
For additional questions about becoming a Preceptor at RFUMS College of Pharmacy, please contact:
Lisa Michener, PharmD, MS, Director of Experiential Education at RFUMS College of Pharmacy at 847-578-8831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, College of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmacy Practice
ATTN: Faculty Appointments
3333 Green Bay Rd
North Chicago, IL 60064-6586