CPR for Boards
To apply for the course, all students must submit the following information:
- A complete, signed copy of the application form with a deposit of $500.00* made payable to 'Rosalind Franklin University'
- An unofficial photocopy of your medical school transcripts.
- A photocopy of all previous USMLE score reports.
- A 2 page personal statement 150 - 200 words which includes the following:
- An explanation of why you want to attend our program.
- Information concerning your present educational status.
- Any circumstances you feel may have affected your past performance on the USMLE exam.
- A letter of introduction from a dean at your medical school verifying your eligibility to sit for Step 1. (This is required, and must be sent to us as soon as possible)
- RFUMS requires all students submit a criminal background check before matriculation. You will be provided with instruction on how to complete this requirement after you are registered in the program.
Tuition for non-CMS students is $6,000.00
Please send the items listed above to:
Dr. Gordon Pullen
Assistant Dean for Basic Science Education
Office of Undergraduate Education
Chicago Medical School
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, IL 60064
Please contact us with any questions:
Dr. Gordon Pullen
*If you are not selected to attend our program your deposit will be fully refunded.
If selected, your deposit will be applied to the tuition and will not be refunded after the end of the first week of the course. The remaining tuition payment of $5500.00 is due before the end of the second week of the course. If tuition is not paid in full by the last day of the program, the remaining amount of tuition still due will begin to accrue interest at the rate of 18%. (The RFUMS Business Office will mail you a statement to that effect monthly until the account is paid in full.) Tuition may also be paid by credit card via phone, email or fax (not permitted in person.) Please contact the business office for instructions at 847-578-8639. If you choose to withdraw from the program anytime during the program the RFUMS Refund Policy will apply.
It is the policy of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, or age in admissions or employment or in any programs or activities. It is the University's intent to comply with applicable statutes and regulations, including Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 both prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities by mandating a provision of reasonable accommodations to make programs and activities accessible to qualified disabled individuals. There are natural and legal limitations to what services can be provided. It is the University's goal to assist students in developing their potentials in light of what is feasible and reasonable under the law. Inquiries may be directed to the Affirmative Action Office, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, Illinois 60064. Telephone (847) 578-3262.