Application Instructions and Information
- The contact information will be used to communicate any contract information with the applicant from the time that Student Housing receives the application.
- Students are asked to indicate his or her student status-new or returning student who is currently living off campus.
- Students are asked to rank the contract periods that best correspond to his or her program of study or housing needs. If a contract period has no rank, Student Housing will assume this contract period is unacceptable.
Program of Study
- Check the box that indicates your area of study.
Apartment Preference Information
- Assignment to apartments will be done in lottery number order. Whenever possible, assignment will be given to the indicated preference. However, assignment according to preferences for type of apartment or preferred roommates may not be possible. Each applicant is given the opportunity to waive preferences in this situation on the application itself. Checking this box does not impact Student Housing's attempt to honor preferences; it simply allows Housing to make an assignment even when preferences are no longer available.
- Single Student Housing
If an apartment mate preference is indicated, both students requesting a specific apartment mate must indicate the preference on the application. If either student fails to indicate the preference on the application, then the request cannot be honored.
- Family Housing
Students with families will contract for an entire apartment. The maximum number of family members housed in a one-bedroom apartment is two and in a two-bedroom unit is four (two to each bedroom). Only one apartment will be contracted per student. While the Housing Contract will be with the registered student, each apartment resident will be accountable for contractual terms and, in the event of a contractual breach, the student and other resident(s) will both/all be held accountable. The Office of Student Housing reserves the right to request proof of relationship, if necessary.
- Special Needs/Additional Preferences
Applicants are given the opportunity to notify Housing of any special needs (e.g., ADA requirements or to indicate additional preferences, such as a low or high floor). Housing will take these requests into account while making assignments.