ROSALIND FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND SCIENCE
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD
PROTOCOL FEE POLICY
Industry and Investigator initiated clinical trials for industry will be charged for an initial fee and renewal fee by the Institutional Review Board upon approval of protocol. The guidelines for IRB review fees charges are as follows:
1. Initial fees for IRB submitted protocols are:
· $2,500 Full Board Review
· $1,500 Expedited Review
· $750 Exempt Review
2. Renewal fees for submitted protocols are:
· $1,500 Full Board Review
· $900 Expedited Review
· $450 Exempt Review
3. Modification/Amendment Review Fee is $350
4. Studies that are funded by non-profit entities or funded by federal government including federal funding through subcontracts are exempt from the above IRB review fees.
5. The IRB office will periodically identify protocols that are to be assessed IRB fees and consult with the Office of Sponsored Research for updates on awards. The Office of Sponsored Research will notify the IRB office when a grant award for an initial protocol is eligible to be charged the initial IRB fee. The IRB will prepare the invoice and forward it to OSR, so that the grant is expensed and the IRB account is credited. OSR will invoice the IRB fees to industry sponsors.
6. The IRB will be responsible for tracking and maintaining renewal fees. The IRB will send the invoice to OSR to charge the grant for the renewal fee.