The Office of Sponsored Research provides pre and post award administration of sponsored projects to the University. Specifically, we:
- Provide tools to assist faculty members in their search for funding opportunities, assist in the preparation and review of proposals, negotiate agreements, maintain accounts and records, seek reimbursement for expenses from sponsors and fulfill sponsor reporting requirements.
- Monitor sponsored projects for compliance with sponsor terms and conditions, University policies and Federal regulations and standards.
- Work closely with the Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration to prepare and implement financial and administrative policies, procedures and sponsor and regulatory compliance issues of interest to the research community.
- Provide training to the University in the application of new and existing policies and regulations.
Dora G. Espinosa
Director, Office of Sponsored Research
(847) 578-8524 (Phone) (847) 775-6555 (Fax)
Laura Chavez, Grants and Contracts Officer
Responsible for the following departments: Anatomy, Lab Core, Neurology, Neuroscience, Pathology, Physiology and Psychology.
Andrew W. Mobley, Grants and Contracts Officer
Responsible for the following departments: Biochemistry, Medicine, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Nurse Anesthesia, Physician Assistant, Student Affairs, CLEAR, Resuscitation Institute, Basic Biomedical Sciences, Biomechanics and Orthopedic Disease, Scholl Podiatric Medicine and Radiology, Scholl Podiatric Surgery and Applied Biomechanics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Emergency Medicine.