Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Updated April 1, 2020
At this time, there is one confirmed case of coronavirus at Rosalind Franklin University.
The university is closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, with careful attention to recommendations from our local and state health departments and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our top priority is the health and safety and well-being of our community.
We will continue updating RFU students, faculty and staff through our existing communication channels as well as posting updates to this site.
If you have any questions not addressed on this page, please direct your inquiries as follows:
- Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty and staff: email@example.com
- Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Safety: 847-578-3288 - available 24/7
Recent CommunicationsRead the latest updates, including:
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- Shortness of breath
For more information, please visit the CDC page about COVID-19 Symptoms.
We all need to take "everyday preventive actions" to prevent the spread of illness - remember the "3 C's" - Clean, Cover, Contain:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For more information, please visit the CDC page about protecting yourself from COVID-19.
- Student COVID-19 Illness Report Form (to report possible exposure or symptoms of COVID-19, suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 for student or someone they were immediately in contact with)
- Faculty and Staff COVID-19 Illness report (to report possible exposure or symptoms of COVID-19, suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 for faculty/staff or someone they were immediately in contact with)
- Travel, Entertainment & Miscellaneous Expense Report (for canceling planned university-related travel)
- Student, Faculty and Staff Travel Registration Form (for notifying of domestic and international travel)