Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Updated May 9, 2020
At this time, Rosalind Franklin University has reported 10 confirmed cases of coronavirus.
The university is closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, with careful attention to recommendations from our local and state health departments and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Our top priority is the health and safety and well-being of our community.
We will continue updating RFU students, faculty and staff through our existing communication channels as well as posting updates to this site.
If you have any questions not addressed on this page, please direct your inquiries as follows:
- Students: email@example.com
- Faculty and staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media inquiries: email@example.com
- Campus Safety: 847-578-3288 - available 24/7
Recent CommunicationsRead the latest updates, including:
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Children have similar symptoms to adults and generally have mild illness.
This list is not all inclusive. Other less common symptoms have been reported, including gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
We all need to take "everyday preventive actions" to prevent the spread of illness - remember the "3 C's" - Clean, Cover, Contain:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For more information, please visit the CDC page about protecting yourself from COVID-19.
- Student COVID-19 Illness Report Form (to report possible exposure or symptoms of COVID-19, suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 for student or someone they were immediately in contact with)
- Faculty and Staff COVID-19 Illness report (to report possible exposure or symptoms of COVID-19, suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 for faculty/staff or someone they were immediately in contact with)
- Travel, Entertainment & Miscellaneous Expense Report (for canceling planned university-related travel)
- Student, Faculty and Staff Travel Registration Form (for notifying of domestic and international travel)