College of Health Professions
How to Apply
In this section
How to Apply
- Review the Application Requirements
- Submit the CASPA Application
- To simplify and facilitate the admissions process, RFU utilizes the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants.
- Applications open late April.
- Application submission deadline: December 1
- Application materials deadline: December 1
- Due to our rolling admissions cycle, we encourage all applicants to apply early in the cycle for best consideration.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to complete and follow all CASPA and RFU application policies and procedures.
- Submit Application Processing Fee
- After receiving your verified CASPA application, the Office of Admissions and Enrollment at RFU will provide instructions on how to submit this $35 fee.
- Deadline to submit your $35 application processing fee is December 1st, or one week after your CASPA application is released to Rosalind Franklin University, whichever date comes later. Please be aware that we will not start review of your application until the fee has been submitted.
- Submit Transcripts & Letters of Recommendation
- Please submit your transcripts and letters of recommendation to CASPA.
- Transcripts must be official.
- Please include transcripts from all universities and colleges you have attended.
- If you have studied outside the US, you will need to have your transcripts evaluated for US equivalency using a service such as www.wes.org or www.ece.org. If you studied outside of the US through a study abroad program offered through a US institution, please follow CASPA’s instructions to determine how to report coursework completed through study abroad.
- Submit Standardized Test Scores
- Effective February 2021, the PA Program is no longer reviewing or requiring the GRE.
- If TOEFL is required, please release your official scores to CASPA using code 3709 by the December 1 materials deadline.
- On-Campus or Virtual Interview
- Select candidates will be invited to participate in an MMI Style virtual interview day.
- Because of our rolling admissions schedule, those who apply early in the admissions cycle are more likely to be interviewed than those who apply later.
- Interviews generally are held July through February. The Physician Assistant program may decide to hold an interview day in February, but it is not guaranteed.
- Background Check
- Accepted students must pass the Rosalind Franklin University criminal background check before matriculation.
- Technical Standards
- All applicants should review the Physician Assistant program's Technical Standards for Admissions. If you have any questions about these standards or other policies as they pertain to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please visit our Services for Students with Disabilities page.
For any questions relating to how to apply, contact us.