- The courses below are required for admission; you may apply while coursework is in progress:
*Prerequisite course grades must be "C" or better.
|Biology or Zoology with Lab
||1 year required
|Chemistry Sequence, including
inorganic chemistry and biochemistry,
|2 years required
|Physics with Lab
||1 year required
|Composition (writing intensive)
||1 quarter or semester required
**The admissions committee also recommends human anatomy, molecular biology and statistics.
***Advanced Placement credits may fulfill prerequisite requirements as long as an upper level course in that discipline is completed.
****If Biochemistry course does not offer a lab, 1 term research lab experience will be accepted.
- Note: Students who intend to apply to Chicago Medical School (CMS) for 2017-2018 admission should be aware that CMS will require an Introduction to Psychology and an Introduction to Sociology course starting with that class. There is no opportunity to take such a course at RFUMS and no time to do so while enrolled in BMS.
- To be considered for admission, you must have a B.A. or B.S. or complete the requirements for a degree before enrollment. The degree must be from an accredited institution
Letters of Recommendation
- Either one committee letter or three individual letters of recommendations from persons involved in the students’ previous educational experience are required.
- Official transcripts submitted from each college, university, and community college previously attended
- Demonstration of interest and understanding of the medical field and its various components. The motivation and commitment to health care, as demonstrated by previous employment, volunteer work, or other experiences
- Demonstration of leadership characteristics through academic or community service activities
- Demonstration of a commitment to public service through variety of humanitarian activities
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.