Multicultural Student Services within the Office of Diversity and Inclusion helps to enrich the campus and local community by providing cultural experiences, promoting diversity education, and supporting student development. The office also provides advising and mentorship to students through a variety of resources, programs, and activities.
The office strives to provide an inclusive foundation of support for the academic, social, and cultural growth of our diverse student body. We assist students in developing programs that celebrate the cultural heritage, and add to the rich multicultural fiber that makes up our University community.
Multicultural Organizations and Programming
We have over 16 multicultural organizations on campus that provide programming, education, and service to our community. Many of our organizations have annual cultural shows to showcase the talent and traditions within their organization. You can find a listing of all the student organizations on campus in the Student Activities Guide (link to document)
The RFUMS logo symbolizes acceptance expressed by those who support the equal treatment of LGBTQQIAA persons. Posting this symbol represents a willingness and commitment to providing a safe space for all students—an atmosphere of acceptance, respect and assistance. Participating in this program and displaying the logo is an open declaration of support for LGBTQQIAA issues and concerns.
What it means to be an ally
An ally is an individual who believes in the human rights of all people and who demonstrates, by their presence and actions, an acceptance and celebration of human diversity.
An ally strives to...
- Be a friend and a listener
- Be open-minded and willing to talk
- Confronts his or her own prejudices
- Recognize his or her personal boundaries
- Believe that our school is enriched by the presence and diversity of LGBTQQIAA people
- Assist LGBTQQIAA students in accessing support and information resources on campus and in the community
- Commit to and engage in developing a culture free of homophobia and heterosexism in spite of discomfort that may sometimes arise
- Believe that all persons should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of age, sex, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender expression.
An ally is NOT...
Necessarily a counselor, nor is he or she necessarily trained to deal with crisis situations
Anything more than a kind, caring, supportive person interested in working towards equality for all people.
The Division of Student Affairs and Inclusion provides services and advocacy for international students. The advising staff are professionally trained individuals who understand the needs of our diverse population and provide knowledgeable and empathetic advice on rights and responsibilities impacting our student population. We offer assistance with USCIS procedures, particularly for visa status maintenance and employment options.
|Other related services include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- School Transfer In/Out Procedures
- Change of Status Applications
- Replacement/Duplicate I-20