In this section
Title IX, prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex - including pregnancy and parental status - in educational programs and activities. RFU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and students for circumstances related to pregnancy/childbirth and parental status.
Pregnant students, you have the right to:
- Continue participating in classes and extracurricular activities even though you are pregnant.
- Participate in classes and extracurricular activities even though you are pregnant.
- Reasonable adjustments, when necessary because of your pregnancy.
- Have excused absences due to pregnancy related appointments or childbirth for as long as your doctor says it is necessary (students must be allowed reasonable time to make up assignments after such leaves or appointments).
- Return to the same academic and extracurricular status as before your medical leave began, if/when appropriate in the context of academic success.
- Be protected from harassment based on sex, including harassment because of pregnancy or related conditions.
If you feel you have been discriminated against due to pregnancy or parenting issue, you may file a complaint.
- Nursing Mothers Room
- Campus Changing Station
BSB 1.368, RWCLC 1.047 and RWCLC 1.049
- Employment Accommodations Requests/Questions
- Student Accommodation Requests/Questions
- Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Department of Education: Office for Civil Rights