Health Professions Education (Cert)
College of Health Professions
In this section
In this section
This 15-quarter-hour program (equivalent of nine semester hours), distance-learning program will provide you with an opportunity to begin developing skills necessary for educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. The overall goal is to prepare healthcare professionals and students to transition from clinician to educator. The certificate is offered as a series of four courses that use an interprofessional approach. Content includes learning theory, instructional design, course development and assessment, and presentation skills. The program takes place completely online and is designed for self-motivated, experienced healthcare professionals who are ready to further their careers and become leaders in educating healthcare professionals.
When you’ve completed your Certificate in Health Professions Education, you will be able to:
- Apply learning theories to the development of either classroom or clinical education programs to create effective learning environments that stimulate learning.
- Develop a course in an area of expertise that meets the individual learning needs of a diverse student population.
- Evaluate student performance and assess educational program outcomes in either classroom or clinical settings.
- Reflect on their skills as an educator in order to work toward continuous improvement.
- Available on your schedule. Participate whenever and wherever you have access to a computer and the Internet.
- With 15 quarter hours, the certificate is designed to be completed in nine months.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in the field, as well as recognized professionals in online teaching.
- Orientation to online learning is provided. For those new to this style of education, you’ll start off on the right foot, with the tools you need to succeed.
- Takes place completely online; there is no on-campus requirement.
- Virtual Classroom technology allows you to discuss current topics with faculty and classmates at any time, from anywhere.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is optimized for effective online learning, with typically 10 or fewer students per instructor.
- Ongoing, individualized guidance allows faculty to assist you in meeting your educational goals.
Discover RFU sessions provide prospective Rosalind Franklin University students with an opportunity to meet in a virtual setting with an admissions counselor and the program director. During these sessions, we provide a programmatic overview as well as share general information about Rosalind Franklin University. Please register for an upcoming Discover RFU session that works best for your schedule. Prior registration is required. If you are unable to attend one of the dates, please schedule an appointment with Roland Graham.
For questions please contact: email@example.com or 847-578-3246.