Health Professions Education (MS)
College of Health Professions
In this section
In this section
Talk With Your Counselor Schedule a Visit Apply
This distance-learning program is designed for self-motivated, experienced healthcare practitioners who are ready to further their careers and become leaders in educating healthcare practitioners. Your coursework is completed completely online, allowing you to manage your schedule according to your needs.
When you’ve completed your Master of Science in Health Professions Education, you will be able to:
- Integrate learning style information and material presentation methods to facilitate student learning of health professions subject matter.
- Design curricula based on assessment of student learning needs and professional accreditation requirements.
- Evaluate information regarding student performance and program outcomes assessment.
- Integrate educational leadership and evidence-based education principles to become a leader in the health professions educational environment.
- Available on your schedule. Participate whenever and wherever you have access to a computer and the Internet.
- With 47 quarter hours, the graduate degree can be completed in less than two years – 21 months, to be exact. However, students have as long as five years to complete the program.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in the field, as well as recognized professionals in online teaching.
- Orientation to online learning is provided. For those new to this style of education, you’ll start off on the right foot, with the tools you need to succeed.
- Chat and email functions allow for virtual classroom discussions to take place with faculty and classmates at any time, from anywhere.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is optimized for effective online learning, with typically 10 or fewer students per instructor.
- Ongoing, individualized guidance allows faculty to assist you in meeting your educational goals.
- Capstone project ties together your educational experience.