College of Health Professions
In this section
The Interprofessional Healthcare Studies PhD program accepts applications for admission every other year. The application to the Interprofessional Healthcare Studies programs is open for candidates looking to start in August 2023.
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Prerequisite: Grade of B or better in a graduate-level statistics course.
- Prior Degree: Master’s degree or clinical doctorate in a healthcare-related field such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, physician assistant studies, nursing, clinical laboratory sciences or others from an accredited college or university.
- Grade-Point Average (GPA): Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the master’s degree or professional doctorate.
- Professional Experience
- Applicant must be a licensed, registered, certified or otherwise credentialed healthcare professional in the United States.
- Applicant must have at least two years of experience in the professional discipline.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required from those who are familiar with the applicant’s academic abilities and can speak to the applicant’s potential to succeed in a doctoral program.
- Students who completed a master’s degree at RFU must also present a letter of support from the Department Chair of their master’s program. (This applicant would submit a total of 3 letters.)
- Personal Statement: Applicants are required to submit a statement indicating why they wish to enroll in the program.
- Writing Sample: Applicants are required to submit a self-selected example that they consider to be their best written work demonstrating the applicant’s ability to think and write critically. The applicant must be the sole author of any writing sample submitted.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae: A resume or curriculum vitae is not required.
- Interview: After the initial application review process has been completed, a candidate may be invited to participate in a virtual interview using video conferencing technology.
- Supplemental Application: This program does not have a supplemental application.
- Transfer Applicant Policy: This program does not accept transfer applicants.
- Non-Degree Applicant Policy: This program does not currently accept at-large candidates for non-degree courses.
- Early Decision Programs: This program does not accept early decision applicants.