In this section
Frank DiLiberto, PT, PhD
Dr. DiLiberto is an Associate Professor and Director of the Movement Analysis Laboratory in the Department of Physical Therapy. He teaches in the Kinesiology and Motor Control, as well as in the Critical Inquiry courses. Dr. DiLiberto is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists and the current President of the APTA Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Foot and Ankle Special Interest Group (FASIG). He has received funding from the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society and Veterans Affairs for his research investigating biomechanics and sensorimotor control in people with foot and ankle pathology and/or diabetes mellitus.
- Biomechanics, muscle performance, rehabilitation, and outcomes in people after total ankle replacement
- Mechanisms, prevention, and treatment of foot pathology and balance in people with diabetes mellitus
Selected Publications and Presentations
- DiLiberto FE, Vora AM, Wilson WC, Miller SA, Meardon SA, Haddad SL. Ankle plantar flexor muscle performance and patient reported outcomes in people following total ankle arthroplasty. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2022 Feb;92:105576. doi: 10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2022.
- DiLiberto FE, Nawoczenski DA, Tome J, McKeon PO. Use of time-to-boundary to assess postural instability and predict functional mobility in people with diabetes mellitus and peripheral neuropathy. Gait Posture. 2021 Jan;83:141-146. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2020.10.016.
- DiLiberto FE, Aslan DH, Houck JR, Ho BS, Vora AM, Haddad SL. Overall Health and the Influence of Physical Therapy on Physical Function Following Total Ankle Arthroplasty. Foot Ankle Int. 2020 Nov;41(11):1383-1390. doi: 10.1177/1071100720942473.
- DiLiberto FE, Nawoczenski DA. Ankle and Midfoot Power During Single-Limb Heel Rise in Healthy Adults. J Appl Biomech. 2019 Nov 6:1-4. doi: 10.1123/jab.2018-0471.
- DiLiberto FE, Baumhauer JF, Nawoczenski DA. The prevention of diabetic foot ulceration: how biomechanical research informs clinical practice. Braz J Phys Ther. 2016 Nov 16;20(5):375-383. doi: 10.1590/bjpt-rbf.2014.0195
Link to complete list of publications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Health Practice Research
University of Rochester
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Science
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) Certified Clinical Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy - Emeritus
Professional Society Membership
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- APTA Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- APTA Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy
- APTA Academy of Research
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists