In this section
Jason Radke, MMS, PA-C
Jason Radke joined the PA Program faculty at Rosalind Franklin University in 2014 as a Clinical Coordinator. During his time with the program he has served as Director of Experiential Learning, Director of Didactic Education, and transitioned into his current role as Department Chair and Program Director in 2018.
He earned his BA from the University of Iowa with majors in Biology and Psychology, and his Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies at Midwestern University. Following PA school, Jason has spent most of his clinical career practicing in pediatrics, but has also worked in emergency medicine and men’s health.
His career and teaching philosophy center on population health and providing care to underserved communities. This is reflected in his teaching, but also when he served as co-director of Healthy Families Clinic for 6 years. With his fellow co-director from the Psychology Department, they developed an interprofessional, pediatric integrated behavioral health clinic on the university campus, and partnered with local community organizations to improve access for children and their families.
Aside from his work at RFU, Jason has served two consecutive terms on the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Finance Steering Committee.
- Department Chair, Program Director, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2018 to present.
- Assistant Professor, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2018 to present.
- Director of Didactic Education, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2017 to 2018.
- Director of Experiential Learning, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2016 to 2017.
- Clinical Coordinator, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2014 to 2016.
- Instructor, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2014 to 2018.
- M.M.S. Physician Assistant Studies Midwestern University, College of Health Sciences, Downers Grove, IL; August 2006.
- B.A. Biology and Psychology University of Iowa, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Iowa City, IA; May, 2003.
- Member, Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA), 2014 to present.
- Committee member, Finance Steering Committee 2019-present
- Team member, PAEA Project Access, Anaheim, CA; October 2018.
- College of Health Professions Outstanding Educator Award – Rosalind Franklin University. Nominated by students for meritorious teaching; April 2019.
- College of Health Professions Outstanding Faculty Teacher Award – Rosalind Franklin University, Nominated by faculty colleagues for meritorious teaching; April 2018.
PEER REVIEWED Presentations
Mahr, K., Radke, J. PA Students' Prior Health Care Experience and Clinical Year Performance. Poster presentation at the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Education Forum, Denver, CO; October 2017.
Radke J. (2020). In Wijesinghe, S. 101 Primary care case studies. A workbook for clinical and bedside skills. New York: Springer Publishing Company. ISBN-13: 978-0826182722
- Abel M, Intine B, Juliano S, McShane F, Radke, J. Assessment and Student Success: Shared Strategies for Persistence and Completion, presented at RFUMS Assessment Leadership Council, North Chicago, IL; October 2018.
- Orozco J, Radke J, Tokarcyzk, S. PA Leadership Panel – Various Ways to Become a Leader, presented at IAPA 2018 Fall CME, Deerfield, IL; September 2018.
- Radke, J. Pediatric ADHD. IAPA Spring CME, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL; April 2015.