In this section
Naglaa Elskenidy, PT, MS, DSc
Dr. Elskenidy joined the faculty in 2020 as an Assistant Professor in the College of Health Professions. Her DSc dissertation focused on Electromyography (EMG) for patients with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. In the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program, Dr. Elskenidy coordinates the Clinical Physiology course and teaches in the Clinical Skills course series. Additionally, she teaches EMG within the Neurological Clinical Medical and Pharmacology course. Her teaching experience also includes continuing education courses for practicing physical therapists in balance disorders and dizziness, gait training and fitness seminars, osteoarthritis, and introductory EMG courses. Dr. Elskenidy has been engaged in outpatient clinical practice for over 30 years. In addition to caring for patients with associated orthopedic and geriatric conditions, she also specializes in vestibular rehabilitation and treats numerous patients with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), Meniere’s disease and balance disorders.
- Clinical Electrophysiology: EMG as a diagnostic tool that is used and interpreted by physical therapists.
- Clinical physiology education within the USA DPT programs
- Outpatient orthopedic physical therapy
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Elskenidy N, Gandhi-Besbes S, Bugos T, Simeonovski A, Howlett B, Turskey K, Arendt A. The prevalence and knowledge of electromyography as a diagnostic tool used by physical therapists in clinical settings: An exploratory survey in Illinois. Poster presented at: Illinois Physical therapy Association Poster Hall; March 2023; Virtual.
- Doctor of Science
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, Provo, Utah
Physical Therapy, Clinical Electrophysiology
- Master of Science
Finch University of Health Sciences/ The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Physical Therapy
Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Professional Society Membership
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- American Academy of Clinical Electrodiagnosis (AACE)
- APTA Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- American Academy of education
- Academy of Clinical Electrophysiology and Wound Management (ACEWM)
- The Chronicle of Higher Education