In this section
Roxane Rohani, PharmD, MSc, BCACP
Dr. Roxane Rohani attained a Doctorate of Pharmacy degree from Tehran University of Medical Sciences, earned a Master of Science in Clinical Investigation degree at Northwestern University, and completed her Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy Fellowship at Midwestern University’s College of Pharmacy. Dr. Rohani’s primary research interest involves pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modeling and simulation of antimicrobials to optimize their clinical use and safety. As part of her fellowship, Dr. Rohani was clinically engaged in ambulatory care practice at Northwestern Medicine. Prior to her fellowship, she was a practicing pharmacist.
Dr. Rohani joined the faculty of the Chicago Medical School as an Adjunct Clinical Instructor in 2016. She became an Assistant Professor in the Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology discipline in 2022. In addition, Dr. Rohani is a Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist and a Clinical Pharmacist Practitioner at Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
- Rhodes NJ, Rohani R, Yarnold PR, Pawlowski AE, Malczynski M, Qi C, Sutton SH, Zembower TR, Wunderink RG. Machine Learning To Stratify Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Risk among Hospitalized Patients with Community-Acquired Pneumonia. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2022 Dec 6:e0102322. PMID: 36472425. DOI: 10.1128/aac.01023-22. Epub ahead of print.
- Rohani R, Scheetz M, Donnelly H, Donayre A, Kang M, Diaz E, Dedicatoria K, Hauser A, Ozer E, Nozick S, Qi C, Pawlowski A, Neely M, Misharin A, Wunderink R, Rhodes NJ. Individual Target Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Attainment Rates Among Meropenem-treated Patients Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit with Hospital-acquired Pneumonia. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. 2022 Oct 28;77(11):2956-2959. PMID: 35869779. DOI: 10.1093/jac/dkac245.
- Rohani R, Hoff B, Jain M, Philbrick A, Salama S, Cullina JF, Rhodes NJ. Defining the importance of age-related changes in drug clearance to optimizing aminoglycoside dosing regimens for adult patients with Cystic Fibrosis. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. 2022 Mar;47(2):199-209. PMID: 34882292. DOI: 10.1007/s13318-021-00734-9. Epub 2021 Dec 9.
- Avedissian SN*, Rohani R*, Bradley J, Le J, Rhodes NJ. Optimizing aminoglycoside dosing regimens for critically-ill pediatric patients with augmented renal clearance: a convergence of parametric and non-parametric population approaches. Antimicrobial Agents Chemotherapy. 2021 Mar 18; 65(4): e.02629-20. PMID: 3352648. DOI: 10.1128/AAC.02629-20.
(* Contributed Equally)
- Khalili H**, Rohani R, Seyedalinaghi S, Hajiabdolbaghi M, Dashti-Khavidaki S, Talasaz AH. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy among Iranian HIV/AIDS patients. Current Clinical Pharmacology. 2012 May 1; 7(2): 111-5.PMID: 22432842. DOI: 10.2174/157488412800228910.