In this section
Sara Koveleski Kraut, PT, DPT, NCS
Dr. Kraut serves as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy. She is a Board-Certified Neurologic Clinical Specialist. The main content of Dr. Kraut’s teaching is focused in the areas of neurology and vestibular. Her current research emphasis is on exercise and older-adults, as well as exercise and adults with neurological conditions. Dr. Kraut is the founder and owner of Advanced Physical Therapy & Health Services, a private practice in Park Ridge, IL that focuses on evaluation and treatment of people with neurologic, orthopedic, and vestibular conditions. Her close connection between her clinic and community has allowed for excellent opportunities for collaboration of university research and student learning experiences.
- Effects of exercise on balance, gait, and strength in community-dwelling older adults
- Group exercise class benefits for adults with neurological conditions
- Kraut S, Erler R, Flate H, Furland T, Grotti T, Otto S, Tomsovic A, Stevens K, Van Valkenburgh L. Effects of a four-week boxing class on gait speed, walking endurance, balance, and functional strength in community-dwelling older adults. Poster Presentation. American Physical Therapy Association; Combined Sections Meeting. San Antonio, TX. February 2022.
- Kraut S, Guidry A, Kuntz J, Oltman C, Reichert K, Smrz R, Volk J, Weslo R. The effects of a four-week Pilates and boxing exercise program on gait speed, functional cardiovascular endurance, balance, functional strength, and quality of life in community dwelling older adults: a pilot study. Poster Presentation. Canadian Physiotherapy Association Congress 2021 (virtual); May 2021.
- Kraut S, Erler R, Flate H, Furland T, Grotti T, Otto S, Tomsovic A, Stevens K, Van Valkenburgh L. Effects of a four-week boxing class on gait speed, walking endurance, balance, and functional strength in community-dwelling older adults. Poster Presentation. Canadian Physiotherapy Association Congress 2021 (virtual); May 2021.
- Rosenblatt N, PhD, Calamari J, Schneider K, Kraut SK, Major M, Duncan C, Reddin C, Stachowiak A, Henderson R. Active Virtual Reality Training and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; An Interprofessional Approach to Promote Balance Confidence, Balance, Functional Mobility, Community Participation, and Quality of Life in Trans-tibial Prosthesis Users. Platform Presentation. American Physical Therapy Association; Combined Sections Meeting. Washington, DC. January 2019.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School
North Chicago, IL
- Bachelor of Arts in Spanish
Double major: Spanish / Pre-Physical Therapy
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
- American Physical Therapy Association, Credentialed Clinical Instructor
- From the Center Pilates, Certified Pilates Instructor
- American Council on Exercise, Certified Personal Trainer
- Aerobic and Fitness Association of America, Group Fitness Instructor
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Faculty Teacher
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science - College of Health Professions
- Clinical Education Award
Finch University of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School – Department of Physical Therapy
Professional Society Membership
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Private Practice Section
- Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy
- Illinois Physical Therapy Association, member
- Illinois Network of Independent Physical Therapists, Secretary