Housing Application Information
In this section
Housing Application Information
Student Housing accepts applications on a rolling basis. If you are in need of on-campus accommodation, contact us. We may still have availability.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic year will be accepted starting March 15, 2023.
Join the residential community at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. Residing in Student Housing provides a number of benefits to students:
- Ability to have costs factored into the financial aid plan
- Store your items over Summer for a discounted rate (this is not an option at the Woodlands)
- Student Housing is located right on campus for your convenience
- All utilities are included!
- Free WiFi and access to the RFUMS network
- Kitchen Appliances
- Individually controlled heat and A/C
- Clean and quiet study lounges for both individuals and small groups
- Laundry machines in each unit
- Individual storage units
- Monthly social events
- Opportunity to build relationships with other students
- Trained and dedicated Community Managers to assist in your transition
Additional Information to Assist in the Application Process
August 1-5 New Student move in
Student Housing Contracts are a binding agreement between the student and the University. Student Housing offers 3 quarter (10 Month) contracts and 4 quarter (12 month) contracts.
Students can apply for one of several apartment types:
- One Bedroom Apartment (Single Student)
- One student requesting a private, one bedroom apartment
- Two Bedroom, Shared Apartment (Single Student)
- A two student, shared apartment. Each student has their own bedroom & bathroom.
- If requesting a particular roommate, both students must request each other on the Student Housing application. Student Housing doesn't guarantee that preferences will be honored, but will try to accommodate when possible.
New students interested in Student Housing are encouraged to join the Housing Wait List today
Student Housing will maintain a wait list of students who are interested in Student Housing starting October 1st and will build the waitlist through March 15th, and these students will have priority access to the Student Housing Application when it is sent to them on March 1st. Apartments will be assigned in the order that applications are received, so don’t delay your application. Submitting your application by the listed deadlines will increase the likelihood that you will receive an assignment in accord with your primary preferences.
Student Housing applications aren’t binding, but Student Housing Contracts are. Contracts will be granted to students based on the availability of apartments, and the order of Applications. Only students with confirmed admission to the university will be granted Contracts. The Application for Student Housing will be sent to the students on the wait list on March 1st, it will be made available on-line to all students on March 15th. Contracts will continue to be issued until all spaces are filled.
A completed application for Student Housing does not secure a space for students in on-campus housing. Only when a student returns a Student Housing Contract with the required $500 prepayment and that contract is accepted by the Coordinator of Residence Life will a student be assured a space. Contract acceptance will be indicated in writing, along with a confirmed assignment and move-in information at a later date.