Message from the Chair
The Basic Objectives of the Clerkship in Obstetrics and Gynecology are:
- To develop and refine skills in obtaining a pertinent history and performing a physical examination, with particular regard to female pelvic anatomy and pathology, as well as the fetus.
- To learn to recognize normal processes, detect abnormal processes and formulate an approach to diagnosis and management.
- To learn basic medical procedures, including normal deliveries.
- To outline a core of current knowledge in the specialty and as yet unsolved challenging problems.
- To integrate knowledge in basic science (ex. genetics) with clinical medicine.
- To instillation of responsibility for self-education, continuing education and patient care.
- To develop the concept of the health care team.