In this section
Student Counseling Service (SCS) offers in-person walk-in time at 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to serve students in crisis*. You will be required to follow current guidelines related to screening and/or mask-wearing. A licensed clinician or supervised clinician in training will meet with you in order to learn more about the crisis* situation and to determine needed intervention/s.
After-Hours Crisis* Services
After-hours, weekends, holidays and any day when the Student Counseling Service (SCS) is not open students are encouraged to take advantage of one of the following crisis* service options:
- Dial 988 to be connected to already existing network of crisis centers across the country
- National Crisis Hotline at 800-748-2433
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ Suicide Hotline) at 866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- Crisis Text Line for Students of Color: Text STEVE to 741741
- Rosalind Franklin University's Department of Campus Security at 847-578-3288. Security can be reached by dialing 3288 from any campus phone.
* Please note that anyone currently experiencing intent and plan to engage in suicidal and homicidal action should immediately contact 911 or go to the closest hospital emergency room.
Student Counseling Service (SCS) clinicians are also available for campus-wide crisis. Should there be a difficult situation that involves more than one student or system, there are a variety of ways Student Counseling Service (SCS) may be of assistance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use Virtru for added security when emailing. You can also call us on our confidential voicemail at 847-578-8723; please always leave a message.