In this section
How to Make an Appointment
Emailing, using your RFUMS email, to firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred method of contact. You can use Virtru for added security when emailing. You can also call us on our confidential voicemail at 847-578-8723; please always leave a message.
Please inform Student Counseling Service clinicians of the following information when emailing or calling:
- First and last name (please spell)
- Geographic location of current residence (state, country)
- Two best means to connect with you (i.e. phone number/s, email addresses)
- Best days and times to speak with you
- Indicate if you need an Intake Counseling Session, Solutions Session (same day single session appointment), or a Crisis Session (same day contact due to a crisis situation)
Student Counseling Service will contact you to arrange a Solutions Session or Crisis Session or to schedule an Intake Counseling Session, which is brief phone call in order to learn more about your concerns and your preferences in order to collaborate on next steps in treatment.
We offer in-person and tele-psychotherapy sessions. In-person appointments are available at the Student Counseling Service location. You will be required to follow current guidelines related to screening and/or mask-wearing. Tele-psychotherapy sessions are offered using Zoom, a HIPPA compliant platform, and will be aligned with the laws pertaining to clinical practice in the State of IL. Prior to your first tele-psychotherapy session, you will receive information pertaining to your session and your clinician’s Zoom link. Virtual platforms require a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone.
Student Counseling Service offers limited flexible scheduling options using tele-psychotherapy such as early mornings, evenings and weekends to accommodate student schedules.