Chicago Medical School
In this section
Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application and Fee
The Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application & Fee must be completed. Upon submission you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable $125.00 Supplemental Application processing fee.
Candidates are required to take the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) in order to have their application completed and considered by the Student Admissions Committee. MCAT tests must be completed after January 1, 2021 and tests taken after September 10, 2023 will not be considered.
AAMC Preview™ Professional Readiness Exam
To further enhance our holistic review process during the 2023 application cycle, we are recommending applicants to complete the Association of American Medical Colleges Professional Readiness Exam (AAMC PREview™).
Information about the AAMC PREview exam, including preparation materials, test registration, requests for accommodations, and important dates and deadlines.
Early Decision Program
Candidates for the Early Decision Programs must have complete applications by the August 1 deadline including MCAT scores. Candidates unable to meet the August 1 deadline are welcome to apply as a regular admissions applicants.
Letters of Recommendation
Candidates must choose one of the following options to satisfy our letters of recommendation requirement:
Please Note: No more than three individual letters, one committee letter, or one letter packet containing a maximum of three individual letters will be considered in evaluating your application. All letters must be included in your AMCAS application.
AP Credit Policy
AP Science or Social Science courses for which you received course credit at your undergraduate degree-awarding institution will be considered as fulfilling the pre-medical course requirements. However, the admissions committee will expect advanced-level undergraduate courses in most of the science or social science disciplines for which the AP credit was awarded (except Physics).
- CMS requires at least 90 hours of undergraduate academic work at an accredited college or university prior to applying.
- A bachelor’s degree is required prior to matriculation with the exception of applicants from DePaul and Lake Forest College Pathways programs.
Required Prerequisite Courses:
- One year Introductory Biology with accompanying laboratory (*or equivalent)
- One year Physics with accompanying laboratory
- Two-year Chemistry sequence that includes all three of these chemistry disciplines
- General/Inorganic Chemistry with accompanying laboratory
- Organic Chemistry with accompanying laboratory
- Biochemistry (accompanying laboratory recommended but not required)
- Two courses in Behavioral/Social Sciences - First-year Psychology and Sociology courses strongly suggested
Recommended Prerequisite Courses:
- One course in Statistics
- One course in Advanced Biology (200 level or above) - Molecular and Cell Biology, Physiology, Genetics, Microbiology, Neurobiology
- English composition
- Other coursework in the Humanities and Social Sciences
*Applicants are encouraged to gain research laboratory experience either through research or a laboratory research course. We will accept pass/no pass grades, without prejudice, for courses taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will accept online coursework including labs recognized and verified by AMCAS, without prejudice for courses taken during the COVID-19 pandemic.
AMCAS Choose your Medical School Tool
|November 1, 2023
|December 1, 2023
|Plan to Enroll
|April 30, 2024
|Commit to Enroll
|July 1, 2024
For the 2023-2024 cycle, candidates must complete this requirement by July 1, 2024.
We do not have any policy or requirements for those candidates who select “Plan to Enroll”.
Motivation for a Career in Medicine
We look for students who understand healthcare teams and the role of a physician on the team. This is typically demonstrated through prior employment and volunteer work.
Service and Leadership
We value students who are dedicated to serving others and have demonstrated leadership potential through academic, research, or other pursuits.
We look for students who demonstrate a caring attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills.