In this section
Community Engagement Core
The Community Engagement Core is focused on identifying needs, priorities, and interests related to health equity among individuals, organizations and other entities in the Lake County, IL community and facilitating the development of community-driven, health equity-focused research collaborations between RFU faculty, students and community partners.
Yvette Castañeda, PhD, MPH, MBA
Community Engagement Core Lead
Join us for community-engaged research office hours!
- Do you have an upcoming research project or grant proposal where you would like to engage community members or organizations as collaborators?
- Could you use help planning or completing a class exercise that touches on how to understand community health?
- Do you have questions regarding best practices for conducting research and/or engaging in practice that centers community perspectives?
- Do you want to learn more about community-based participatory research methods and praxis?
- Are you a community member or organization that wants to brainstorm about what it could look like to work with students and faculty at RFU to address health equity in Lake County?
Join Dr. Yvette Castañeda,
Community Engagement Core Lead of the Center for Health Equity Research, for
Wednesday Drop-in Office Hours via Zoom from 1:00-3:00pm
Or make a consultation appointment (in-person or Zoom)
Schedule here: https://calendly.com/yvette-castaneda/30min
Questions? Contact Dr. Castañeda via email at: email@example.com
Community Partner Interest
Are you part of a community organization that is engaged in efforts to address health equity in Lake County, IL?
We want to learn more about your organization and brainstorm with you about how we could work together to improve health equity in our community.
Fill-out this form to tell us more about your organization and we will contact you to follow up. OR drop-in to our weekly office hours via Zoom from 1:00-3:00pm Or make a consultation appointment (in-person or Zoom) Schedule here: https://calendly.com/yvette-castaneda/30min