How to apply
- You should plan to have the majority of your pre-requisite coursework and PT experience complete at the time of application.
- To simplify and facilitate the admissions process, RFUMS utilizes the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service.
- PTCAS applications available on July 1 with a submissions deadline of December 1.
- Due to our rolling admissions cycle, we encourage all applicants to apply early in the cycle for best consideration.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to complete and follow all PTCAS and RFUMS application policies and procedures.
3. Submit your Application Processing Fee.
- Submit the $35.00 application processing fee directly to Rosalind Franklin University (applicants will receive an email with instructions following receipt of the PTCAS application).
4. Submit your transcripts to PTCAS.
- Include all universities or colleges you have attended.
- If you have studied outside the US, you will need to have your transcripts evaluated for US equivalency. Send foreign transcripts to World Education Services(WES) for "course-by-course" report (www.wes.org). Once received, PTCAS will release the report to RFUMS.
5. Send your GRE scores to RFUMS.
- Submit your official GRE scores to GRE code 7675 - "Rosalind Franklin U Phys Therapy".
- Early Decision candidates must take the GRE and request scores to be sent no later than July 31.
6. Submit your letters of recommendation to PTCAS.
- A letter from a licensed physical therapist.
- A letter from a science, math, or liberal arts professor with a rank of Assistant Professor or higher under which the applicant has studied.
- A letter from a person of the applicant’s choice who has supervised work experience or is otherwise uniquely qualified to comment on potential for professional study.
7. Submission of Application.
- Following submission of PTCAS application, all requirements including letters of recommendation, GRE scores, and $35.00 application processing fee must be completed by February 15, 2015
8. Application review.
Once we have received all components of your PTCAS application, our admission committee reviews all applications and selects candidates to invite to campus for an interview.
Specific areas of consideration include, but are not limited to: academic performance and scholarly activities, GRE scores, knowledge and understanding of the profession, personal motivation, interpersonal skills, community service activities, evidence of exposure to physical therapy practice and letters of recommendation.
Interviews are held starting in September.
9. On-Campus Interview
- Our interviews are structured to assess interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking and commitment to a career as a physical therapist.
- In addition to the interview session, the on-campus interview also allows the candidate an opportunity to tour the University’s facilities, to meet Program faculty and to speak with alumni and current students of the program.
- Interviews for the class beginning in 2015 will be held September 19, 2014 (Early Decision), October 11, 2014, November 22, 2014 and January 17, 2015. Dates are subject to change.
10. Background Check
- Accepted students must pass the Rosalind Franklin University criminal background check prior to matriculation.
11. Technical Standards