Does Rosalind Franklin University have a preference for Illinois residents? 
No. We do not have an in-state preference. Because we are a private institution, we do not take applicants’ state of residence into consideration when making acceptance offers. We are looking for the best and brightest applicants, regardless of their state of residence. 

When does the program start?
Classes begin in late May. 

Can I apply Early Decision? 
Yes - Early Decision (ED) is a binding option for applicants who wish to secure acceptance to one PTCAS program by September 25. Applicants are allowed to apply to additional schools only if not accepted following the ED period. All PTCAS and RFUMS application requirements must be met by August 15.  

What is the attrition rate? 
For the class graduating in 2014, the attrition rate was 5%. For the last three years, 100% of our PT graduates entering the workforce had jobs as practicing Physical Therapists. 

How does licensure work?
After graduation, you must sit for a licensure exam for the state in which you plan to practice. RFUMS has an ultimate NPTE pass rate of 100% and 98.17% for the graduating class of 2009 - 2011 and 2010 - 2012 respectively. 

Can I transfer into the program?
The College of Health Professions does not accept transfer students. 

What type of accreditation does the DPT program have?

Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.

Higher Learning Commission Mark of Affiliation

The RFUMS Doctor of Physical Therapy degree program is further accredited through the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).

Department of Accreditation
American Physical Therapy Association
1111 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-1488

Phone: 703-706-3245
Email: accreditation@apta.org

Does Rosalind Franklin University accept International Students? 
Yes. If you completed coursework outside of the US, you must have a course by course evaluation completed by www.wes.org. This evaluation should be sent directly to PTCAS.

A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is also required if English is not your native language. Official results of the  exam should be sent directly to the PTCAS from Educational Testing Service (ETS). This requirement is waived if you have attended a minimum of two consecutive years of college study or higher in the United States or if applicant is a permanent US resident.


How can I get in touch with the Admissions Office?
Email us: grad.admissions@rosalindfranklin.edu
Call us: 847-578-3204
Our address: Rosalind Franklin University
CHP Admissions
3333 Green Bay Road
North Chicago, IL 60064

Life in Discovery
Tell me more