1. Prerequisite Courses
The courses below are required for admission; you may apply while coursework is in progress:
|General Biology with lab
|General Chemistry with lab
|Organic Chemistry with lab*
|Physics with lab
* may substitute Biochemistry for Organic Chemistry 2
2. Academic Preparation
- Completion of 90 semester hours of undergraduate academic work at an accredited college or university prior to matriculation into the program.
- Competitive overall and science GPA’s.
- See our Class Profile for more information.
- Competitive scores on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Only scores from tests taken no more than three years prior to the enrollment year are accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to take the MCAT by January of the enrollment year.
4. Letters of Recommendation
- Two individual letters of recommendation or one committee letter is required
One additional letter of recommendation must be from a DPM confirming a shadowing experience.
- We prefer letters from science faculty members who have taught you in a class.
- Letters are accepted via VirtualEval or Interfolio or should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions
5. Podiatric Medical Exposure
- Demonstration of interest and understanding of the podiatric medical field and its various components.
- Demonstration of leadership characteristics through academic or community service activities.
7. Community Service
- Demonstration of commitment to public service through a variety of humanitarian activities.
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.