Applying for Financial Aid

Who May Apply For Federal Financial Aid

  • Any enrolled or accepted student who is a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
  • Students must have a valid Social Security number (unless you are from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or the Republic of Paula)
  • Students must be enrolled in an eligible program leading to a degree or certificate at an eligible institution
  • Students that are degree candidates must be enrolled at least halftime (6 credit hours)
  • Students must not be in default on a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, Federal Perkins Loan, or a Federal Grad PLUS Loan or owe a refund for a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) at any institution
  • Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by their academic program
  • Students must be registered with Selective Service, if required  

How To Apply For Financial Aid

Complete The FAFSA

Available January 1 Annually

The FAFSA is a federal form used to determine your eligibility for federal student loans and available institutional financial aid.  Graduate students are automatically considered independent for Federal financial aid purposes and are not required to provide parental information; however, students enrolled in the College of Pharmacy and the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine who wish to be considered for the Health Professions Student Loan (HPSL) must submit their parental information on the FAFSA.

File the FAFSA online at  Students must have a Federal PIN to file the FAFSA.  The school code for RFUMS is 001659.

What is a PIN and How To Obtain One
A Federal PIN serves as your personal identifier and allows you to access your financial aid information on various federal websites.  Access the PIN website at and choose "Apply Now".  Once you have submitted your name, Social Security number, date of birth and mailing address, the Central Processing System will confirm the information  with the Social Security Administration database.

Complete The RFUMS Financial Aid Application Packet.

In addition to a completed FAFSA, students must complete the RFUMS Financial Aid Application.

Student Financial Services emails the RFUMS Financial Aid Application Packet to all students who are accepted and have paid their deposit starting in February.