The Chicago Medical School, M.D., 1987, M.S., 1983
University of Illinois, B.S., 1981
American Board of Pathology
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Working on a collaborative project in which he provides microscopic evaluations of lung specimens from an experimental animal model. The aim of the project is to assess the feasibility of adenovirusmediated gene therapy for allergen stimulated mouse airway inflammation. The goal is to assess the inhibition of allergen induced pulmonary eosinophil infiltration by murine interferon gamma transgene expression.
SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- Orsay CP, Bass EM,Firfer BL, Ramakrishnan V, Abcarian H. Blood flow in colon anastomotic stricture formation. Dis Colon Rectum. 1995 Feb; 38(2):202-6.
- Firfer BL, Nadimpalli VR, Lembeli CM. Wuchereria bancrofti in cytologic smears from oral ulcerations. Letters to the editor. Acta Cytol.1994; 38:665-6.
- Firfer BL, Nadimpalli VR. Intestinal Spirochetosis. American Society of Clinical Pathologists, Check Sample No: APII93-2 (March 1993).
- Firfer BL, Teopengco E. Pathology Quiz: Bronchial hamartoma. Resident and Staff Physician. 1993 (May); p 67.
- Uzoaru I, Firfer B, Ray V, et al. Malignant granular cell tumor. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 1992; 116:206-8.
- Nadimpalli VR, Firfer BL. Pathology Quiz: Giardia lamblia in a duodenal aspirate. Resident and Staff Physician. 1991(March); p 111.