M.S. Physician Assistant Studies Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL; June 2010
Masters Paper: “Is Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis Surgery a Safe Option for Patients with Ulcerative Colitis?”
Higher Education Master of Education (Ed.M.) University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL; May 2005
B.S. in Sport, Recreation, and Tourism. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign,IL; May 2003
Honors Curriculum (James Scholar) and High Honors
Physician Assistant: Illinois License, 2010
Physician Assistant: NCCPA Certification, 2010
Advanced Cardiac Life Support; 2009
National Academy of Sport Medicine, Corrective Exercise Specialist (NASM-CES); 2006
Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B);2006
Lifestyle Management Associates,Nutrition Specialist; 2005
National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Personal Trainer (NSCA-CPT); 2003
Adjunct Faculty, Speech Language Pathology Program, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL; 2012 to present
Instructor, Physician Assistant Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL; 2011 to present
Lecturer, Physician Assistant Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL;2010-2011
Graduate Assistant/Academic Advisor, College of Education, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL; 2004-2005
Physician Assistant, Primary Care, Ritacca Laser Center, Daniel Ritacca, MD; 2010 to present
Physician Assistant, Internal Medicine, Physician Home Care Services Plus, Joseph Chung , MD; 2011 to present
Member, Physician Assistant Education Association; 2011 to present
Board Member, Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA); 2011 to present
Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA); 2010 topresent
University Courses Currently Teaching:
1. HPAS525 Geriatrics (2 qh) Co-Course Director;Winter 2012, 2011
2. HPAS 523 Clinical Procedures (3 qh) Co-Course Director; Spring 2012
3. HPAS513 Physical Examination (3 qh) Lab Instructor; Winter 2011, 2010
4. HPAS646 Advanced Physical Examination (3 qh) Lab Instructor; Spring 2012, 2011
5. HPAS512 Clinical Decision Making I (2 qh) Assignment Evaluator; Winter 2012, 2011, 2010
6. HPAS522Clinical Decision Making II (2 qh) Assignment Evaluator; Spring 2012, 2011
7. HMTD500 Interprofessional Health Teams (2 qh) Lecturer,Small Group Instructor; Winter 2011, 2012
8. HPAS501/510/520 General Medicine I, II, III (Cardiology, Gastroenterology,Neurology) Unit Co-Coordinator; Unit Coordinator (Endocrinology, Hematology) 2011, 2012
9. MCBA501 Gross Human Anatomy (10 qh) Lab Instructor; Summer 2012, 2011
10. HPTH625 Body Systems I, II Lecturer;Winter 2012, 2011
11. HNAS 725 Advanced Physical Assessment Lecturer; Summer 2012
12. PBBS601 Pharmacology Lecturer; Winter2012
13. HPAS536- Clinical Laboratory for the Health Professional Lecturer; Fall 2012
Masters Theses Supervised:
1. “The Perceptions and Clinical Approach to Metabolic Syndrome by Actively Practicing Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Physician Assistant and Medical Doctor alumni” Tyler Norton, PAS-II, Emily Spangler, PAS-II,Erin Destree, PAS-II, Chelsea Weinfurtner, PAS-II, Tiana Weiss, PAS-II.
2. “Does Exposure to Visual Material Increase Patient Understanding and Compliance in Diabetes Mellitus Type II Management?” Scott Sato, PAS-II, Melissa Smithson, PAS-II,Alyse Ahrweiler, PAS-II, Jessica Spissinger, PAS-II.
3. “Effect of Obesity and Insulin Resistance on Fertility” Stacy Pincus, PAS-II.
4. “Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Applications for Use in the Treatment of Male Andropause” Benjamin Anderson, PAS-II.
1. University Strategic Planning Committee; Change Agent, 2012 to present
2. IllinoisAcademy of Physician Assistants (IAPA), Board Member; 2011 to present
3. Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants(IAPA), Spring IAPA CME committee chair; 2011
1. Health Reach for Outreach Clinic Faculty Volunteer; 2011 to present
2. HealthReach,Volunteer Practitioner; 2010 to present
3. "KidsFirst" Health Fair, Lake County Health Department, Faculty Volunteer;2010, 2011, 2012
4. Carle Hospital Oncology Unit, Volunteer; 2007
1. Interprofessional Health Care Teams Model Research Team Participant; “The Impact of an Interprofessional
Care Model on Professional Practitioners and Resultant Outcomes for Senior Patients with Diabetes”
1. Mazur, Ziemowit. “Is Ileal Pouch-Anal AnastomosisSurgery a Safe Option for Patients with Ulcerative Colitis?” All-School Research Consortium, March 2010.
1. “Health and Wellness Entrepreneurship” Fall Into Fitness Conference, College of Applied Life Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. March 2006.
2. “Prevalence of Youth Obesity and Importance of Physical Fitness” Initiation of Wellness Curriculum at Champaign Unit 4 School, Champaign, IL. April 2007.
3. “Alumni Perspectives” College of Applied Health Sciences Freshman Welcome Event,University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. August 2006.
1. PhysicianAssistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE), scored in 98thpercentile nationally; 2010
2. Polish Roman Catholic Union of America Scholarship recipient; 2010, 2009
3. Kosciuszko Foundation Scholarship recipient; 2009
4. Bilingual: English and Polish