The mission of the Faculty Women’s Advisory Council is to promote the recruitment, development, recognition and advancement of women faculty.
The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership, 2013-2014
The AAMC is proud to release The State of Women in Academic Medicine: The Pipeline and Pathways to Leadership Report, 2013-2014. This rewritten and redesigned version of the biennial Women in U.S. Academic Medicine Statistics and Medical School Benchmarking Report offers detailed statistics on the proportion of women throughout academic medicine – from learner and faculty ranks through the pipeline to leadership. This new iteration of the report includes:
- Additional departmental snapshots for women residents and faculty
- Longitudinal data to identify trends over the past five and ten years
- Suggestions for institutions to promote equitable environments
- Best practices from the community and scholarship to take action at your school
- The new Benchmarking Tool which allows you to present the report’s findings and use the 2013-2014 benchmarking tables to compare your school to the national average
View The State of Women in Academic Medicine website to view the report, download the benchmarking tables, and explore the Benchmarking Tool atwww.aamc.org/members/gwims/statistics.