Saroja Bharati, M.D.
Congenital Heart & Conduction
11745 Southwest Highway
Palos Heights, IL 60463
Email Dr. Bharati
Madras University, M.D., 1966
HONORARY SOCIETIES AND AWARDS:
North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology(NASPE)
Co-chairman, Fellowship Committee, 1996-
American Medical Women's Association, Chicago Branch President-Elect, 1996
Editorial Board: Cardiovascular Pathology 1996-Present
Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology, 1996-Present
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 1991-Present
Ongoing study of the conduction system in cases of unexplained sudden death in the young and the healthy; 2. Electrophysiological and pathological correlations in atrial fibrilation, both clinically as well as experimentally; and 3. Echocardiographic and pathologic correlations in mitral valve prolapse patients with sudden death.
- Bharati, S., Lev, M.: The anatomy of the normal conduction system, disease related changes and their relationship to arrhythmogenesis, in Cardiac Arrhythmias: Mechanism, Diagnosis and Management. Edited by Philip J. Podrid and Peter R. Kowey, Published by Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, MD, Chap. 1, pp. 1-15, 1995.
- Bharati, S., Lev, M.: Cardiac conduction system involvement in sudden death of obese young people. AM Heart J, 129:273-81, Feb 1995
- Kowal-Vern, A., Bharati, S., Melnyk, A., Husain, A.N.: Congenital polyvalvular cardiac disease without chromosomal abnormalities. Pediatric Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, Vol. 15, P. 299-308, March-April 1995
- Deleon, S.Y., Ow, E., Chiemmongkoltip, P., Vitullo, D.A., Quinones, J.A., Fisher, E.A., Bharati, S., Ilbawi, M., Pifarre, R.: Alternatives in biventricular repair of double outlet left ventricle. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery. Vol. 60, pp. 213-6, 1995
- Remmell-Dow, D.R., Bharati, S., Davis, J.T., Lev, M., Allen, H.D.: Hypoplasia of the eustachian valve and abnormal orientation of the foramen ovale in hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Am Heart J, Vol. 130, No. 1, pp. 148-152, July 1995
- Bharati, S., Bauernfeind, R., Josephson, M.: Intermittent preexcitation and mesothelioma of the atrioventricular node: A Hitherto undescribed entity. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol, Vol. 6, pp. 823-831, October 1995
- Bharati, S., Lev, M.: Conduction System Findings in Sudden Death in Young Adults With a History of Bronchial Asthma, in Yearbook of Emergency Medicine. Edited by David K. Wagner, Steven J. Davidson, Steven Dronen, Brent R. King, James Neimann, and James Roberts, published by Mosby-Year Book, Inc., Chicago, IL, Chap.3, pp. 112-113 1995
- Bharati, S., Lev, M.: The Pathology of Congenital Heart Disease.A Personal Experience With More Than 6,300 Congenitally Malformed Hearts. Published by Futura Publishing Company, Armonk, NY, volumes I and II, pp. 1-1608, March 1996