Dr. Cantos has conducted research on the following:
- Formulation based cognitive behavioral treatment of anxiety and affective disorders.
- Assessment and treatment of Domestic Violence.
- Development of formulation based cognitive behavioral interventions for perpetrators of domestic violence taking into consideration empirically documented typologies.
- Development of culturally sensitive interventions.
- Management and leadership issues in Clinical Psychology.
Dr. Cantos and his lab are currently completing an outcome evaluation of programs for male perpetrators of intimate partner violence for Lake County Department of Probation and are also working with personnel at the Psychological Services Center in DuPage County court to help them evaluate their treatment programs.