1. Anxiety and emotional disorders
2. Relationship between personality characteristics/individual differences and emotional experiences
3. Social cognitive models of personalty, particularly with regard to expectancy and belief
4. Application of quantitative methodology to applied psychological questions
5. Evaluation of novel data analytic techniques
Dr. Miller is currently preparing to collect data on a project on understanding differences between pessimism and hopelessness; specifically, he is examining the way that these constructs relate to some ideas from the positive psychology literature. He is also working on data from collaborative studies at this time.