Enrolled Ph.D., Interprofessional Studies.. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago; 2006 to present.
M.M.S. of Physician Assistant Studies Midwestern University, Downers Grove, IL; August 1997.
Masters Paper: “An assessment of attitudes of homeless individuals towards health care and health care providers.”
Certificate Course in Business Management for Healthcare Professionals. Lake Forest Graduate School of Management/Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School, January 2003.
B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies--Biology and Chemistry. Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, MO; December 1993.
Physician Assistant: Illinois License # 085-001245
Physician Assistant: NCCPA Certification, (#104671) 2010, 2003, 1997.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support: Certification, May 1987.
CPR/AED Instructor: Certification May 1998
Assistant Professor, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2003-present.
Instructor, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 2000-2003.
Clinical Coordinator, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science; 2000 to present.
Lecturer, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 1999-2000.
Speaker Coordinator. Cedar Bluffs CME Corporation, 2007-2011.
Physician Assistant, Dermatology. Elk Grove Dermatology, Robert Polisky, MD, attending physician; 2001-2003.
Physician Assistant, Primary Care (VOLUNTEER) Healthreach Clinic, Richard Keller, MD; 1999-2002.
AED/CPR Instructor, MedAire, Inc. United Airlines, 2000-2002
Physician Assistant, Primary Care. Peoples Community Health Clinic, Sharon Duclos, MD, attending physician; 1997-1999.
Member, Physician Assistant Education Association; 1999 to present.
Fellow, Illinois Academy of Physician Assistants (IAPA); 1997 to present.
Fellow, American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA); 1997 to present.
1. HPAS522 Clinical Decision Making II (3 qh) Spring, 2002-present*
2. HPAS512 Clinical Decision Making I (3 qh) Winter, 2000-present*
3. HPAS 562 Clinical Nutrition for Health Care Professionals II, (Coordinator), 2001-present*
4. HPAS 650 Complementary and Alternative Medicine, (Coordinator), 2000-2003
5. HPAS 508 Medical Documentation and Interviewing, (Instructor) 2002-present. (Co-instructor) 2001
6. HPAS523 Clinical Procedures (3 qh) Spring 2001 (Instructor), 2000 (Co-Instructor), 1999 –present (Lab)
7. HPAS513 Physical Examination (3 qh) Winter, 2002-03 (Lab), 2001-02 (Lab), 00-01 (Instructor) 1999-present (Lab)
8. HPAS 561 Clinical Nutrition for Health Care Professionals I, (Coordinator), 2001-present*
9. HPAS 562 Clinical Nutrition for Health Care Professionals II, (Coordinator), 2001-present*
10. HMTD 500 Interprofessional Health Teams. Instructor (2004), Substitute (2005, 2007).
11. HPAS 501/510/520 General Medicine I, II, III. Coordinator of Dermatology, Ophthalmology, HIV/Immunology units.
* Indicates new course development
Masters Theses Supervised:
1. " Do Clinical Year Rotation Factors Impact Physician Assistant Graduate Job Placement” Krupa Andalkar, PAS-II, Holly Gingerich, PAS-II, Ismene Potakis, PAS-II, Kinzie Sharp, PAS-II.
2. “Do the clinical experiences of Physician Assistant (PA) students at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFUMS) correlate with their performance on the Physician Assistant National Certification Examination (PANCE)?” Ellen Deuparo, PAS-II, Jeffrey Estrin, PAS-II, Leslie Rau, PAS-II
3. "Relationship between clinical rotation exam scores and national certification exam scores for Physician Assistant Students". Audrey Leslie, PAS-II, Jessica Wells, PAS-II.
4. “Assessing the knowledge of health care students regarding annual pap smears, Human papilloma virus and the Gardasil vaccination”. Regina Gasser, PAS-1, Rhonda Colvin, PAS-1, Amelia Canright, PAS-1.
5. “Does a correlation exist between the number and type of clinical encounters and NCCPA PANCE scores?”. Bridget Dickey, PAS-1, Heather Comstock, PAS-1.
6. “Does breastfeeding protect against pediatric obesity? A retrospective chart review of 10, 11 and 12 year old pediatric patients.” Chelsea Brush, PAS-1, Amber Dreher, PAS-I, Tina Krider, PAS-I, Carrie Stephen, PAS-I.
7. “Differences in job satisfaction and dissatisfaction Factors of Physician Assistants working in rural versus urban and suburban Illinois. Sarah Lund, PAS-II, Merideth Van Putten, PAS-II
8. “Does the frequency of healthcare visits impact blood sugar control in Type II diabetic Hispanic patients? A Retrospective Chart Review.” Heather Gannon, PAS-II, Kristel Lading, PAS-II, Kristy Molina, PAS-II, Cariane Desalvo, PAS-II.
9. “Do standardized and culturally sensitive diabetes education protocols increase the effective management of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes in the Hispanic patients at Mt. Sinai? (A Retrospective Chart Review).” Negar Ayoubzadeh-Bartos, PAS II and Jennifer Dayov, PAS-II. Defended, June 2003.
10. “What significance does age at which gluten and casein free diet therapy is implemented have on the success of treatment of Autism?” Megan Edstrom, PAS-II; Melissa McAleer, PAS-II and Jill Schoephoester, PAS-II. Defended, June 2003.
11. “A retrospective analysis of risk factors for sub-optimal control of Type 2 Diabetes in a Hispanic population at the HealthReach clinic.” Tracy Callinan, MS, PA-C; Sharon Massel, MS, PA-C; Neena Muthyala, MS, PA-C and Andrew Sargent, MS, PA-C; Defended, June, 2002.
12. “Are recommended Diabetic guidelines for Preventive care being met in a Hispanic population at an Outreach Clinic?” Julia Kizhner, MS, PA-C; Lynaia Smock, MS, PA-C; Nicole Reichmann, MS, PA-C and Samantha Tuttamore, MS, PA-C; Defended, June, 2002.
Advisory Board Member
Illinois Primary Care Health Association, 2010 to present
Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
Education Committee, 2007 to 2010.
Illinois Academy of Physician Assistant (IAPA)
PA Program Liason, 2006-08
J Peter Nyquist Reviewer, 2001-2010
Peer Reviewer, Advance, 2003 to present
American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
Conference Education Planning Committee, 2003-2004
Moderator, AAPA Annual Conference, 2004, 2006
Alumni Council Member, 2003 to 2005
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/ The Chicago Medical School
Deputy Senator, 2003 to 2005
University Senate Councillor, 2002 to 2005
University Senate, Senator-at-Large 2001 to 2005, 2008-2010
College of Health Professions (CHP):
Alumni Executive Board faculty liason 2005 to 2008
Professional Affairs Committee, 2003 to present
Student Advancement Committee, 2003 to present
Student Affairs Committee, 2003 to present
Clinical Advisory Group, 2003 to 2005
Online Education Committee, 2002 to 2003
Clerkship Affairs Committee, Chairman, Physician Assistant Program, 1999 to present.
Academic Affairs Committee, Physician Assistant Program, 1999 to present.
Academic Advisory Committee, Physician Assistant Program, Member, 1999
Healthy Families Clinic Grant (w/Psychology department), Volunteer, 2005-present
HealthReach Immunization Initiative, Volunteer, 2002 to 2005.
HealthReach Volunteer Practitioner, 1999-2002
"Kids First" Health Fair, Lake County Health Department (providing free school physicals to needy children), 2000, 2003, 2008, 2009.
Olympic Torch Relay Health Screening Volunteer, 2002.
Mentor, Grace Lutheran Church, River Forest, IL; 2001-present.
1. Min, E., Leslie, A., Wells, J. "Relationship between clinical rotation exam scores and national certification exam scores for Physician Assistant Students". Awarded first place—College of Health Professions, All school Research Consortium, April 2011.
2. Min, E., Brush C., Dreher A., Krider T., Stephen C. Does breastfeeding protect against pediatric obesity? A retrospective chart review of 10, 11 and 12 year old pediatric patients.” American Academy of Physician Assistants National Conference, May 2009. San Diego, CA.
3. Bridges D., Carlson J., Min E. Healthcare Teams: Assessing Leadership and Team Behavior During a High Fidelity Simulation. American Academy of Physician Assistants National Conference, May 2007. Philadelphia, PA.
4. Min E., Comstock H., Dickey B. Does a correlation exist between the number and type of clinical encounters and NCCPA PANCE scores? American Academy of Physician Assistants National Conference, May 2007. Philadelphia, PA.
5. “Factors influencing practice selection among physician assistant students and recent graduates.” May 1996. American Academy of Physician Assistants Annual Conference. PAS-I Jeff Jaco, PAS-I, Marybeth Bolanowski, PAS-I, Policarpo Despaigne, PAS-I, Nancy Drinkwalter, PAS-I, Shelly Miller, PAS-I, Elana Min, PAS-I, Kara Roman, PAS-I, Jaime Rosen, PAS-I, Eric Salman, PAS-I, Michelle Touw, PAS-I, Kevin White, PAS-I, Mark Wilson, PAS-I, R. Scott Chavez, MPA, PA-C, Meredith Davison, PhD, Midwestern University Physician Assistant Program, Downers Grove, Ill.
1. Min, Elana A. Dermatology lectures. Rush University Physician Assistant Program. March 2011, January 2012.
2. Min, Elana A. Ophthalmology Review. Cedar Bluff CME Corporation. Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL. June 2008, May 2009, May 2010.
3. Min, Elana A., Knott, Patrick, Barrett, Mariclare. The Break-Up: How and when to effectively cut ties with a clinical preceptor. Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Meeting, Portland, OR; November, 2009.
4. Bergeson, P., Knott P., Min, E. Panel discussion: Dealing with the difficult student. Advice from a faculty member, program director and academic lawyer. Physician Assistant Education Association Annual Education Forum, October 2007, Phoenix, AZ.
5. Min, Elana A. Clinical Breast Care Skills: Examine, Biopsy, Review Images and Understand Reports Workshop. Workshop Assistant. American Academy of Physician Assistants Annual Conference, May 2005, Orlando, Florida.
6 Min, Elana A.; Obis, Clare B. Too many students, too few sites: Recruitment of new sites to meet increasing student populations. Association of Physician Assistant Programs Semi-Annual Conference;2003 October 24; Phoenix, Arizona.
7. Min, Elana A. What being a PA means to me. Midwestern University Masters Commencement ceremony; 2003 August 22; Downers Grove, IL.
8. Min, Elana A. Incorporating nutrition into the PA curriculum using web-based technology. Association of Physician Assistant Programs Semi-Annual Conference; 2003 May 23; New Orleans, Louisiana.
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science:
1. Bridges, D., Carlson, J., Min, E. Assessing Leadership and Team Behavior During a High Fidelity Simulation. CHP Seminar Series, October 2006.
2. Min, Elana A. HIV and the Physical Therapist. Physical Therapy Department, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science/The Chicago Medical School; 2005-present; North Chicago, IL.
3. Min, Elana A. Female and Male Reproductive Disorders. Physical Therapy Department, Finch University of Health Sciences/The Chicago Medical School; 2001-2003; North Chicago, IL.
1. Min, E., Comstock H., Dickey, B. Assessing the Correlation of Student Clinical Encounters and PANCE Performance. The Journal of Physician Assistant Education | 2009 Vol 20 No 1.
2. Carlson, J., Min E., Bridges, D. The impact of leadership and team behavior on standard of care delivered during human patient simulation: a pilot study for undergraduate medical students. Teaching & Learning in Medicine, Publishing date TBA 2008.
3. Min, Elana A. Puzzling Brown area on toddler’s skin—Dermatology Digest. JAAPA. June 2007.
4. Min, Elana A. Recruitment and Retainment of Young Faculty: A Young Faculty Member’s Perspective. Perspectives in Physician Assistant Education 2003 Oct; 14(2): 101-102.
Min, Elana A. Utilizing standardized patient exams to measure the effectiveness of physician assistant student training in challenging patient encounters. Physician Assistant Education Association, May 2009. Amount: $7000.
Golden Apple Award, 2002.
National Health Service Corps Scholarship Recipient and Member, 1995-1999.